Following the temporary closure caused by the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent government regulations, car dealerships from authorised ŠKODA dealers have resumed sales and service operations from today Monday, May 18th. Strict hygiene regulations, which aim to minimise health risks for customers and employees while providing a full range of services, have been implemented.
Speaking about the reopening John Donegan Brand Director of ŠKODA Ireland says, “We clearly welcome the government’s decision. Reopening a dealership is good news for customers, dealers and manufacturers. In cooperation with our authorised sales network, we have been working hard to implement measures to comply with all requirements of government regulations and to protect our employees and customers. This is an absolute priority for us.”
ŠKODA has introduced several measures across its network, which includes, for example:
- social distancing guidance in the showroom
- hand sanitisers for staff and customers as they enter the showroom
- the use of protective equipment
- regular cleaning and disinfection of exhibited and test drive cars
- protective screens at reception and sales people’s desks
- disposable covers on seats, gearstick and steering wheels
- sanity system unit that uses Ozone to destroy any germs and bacteria inside the car
- remote temperature unit that monitors people’s temperature when they enter into the showroom (at selected dealers)
Many ŠKODA dealers also offer a “Pick-up & delivery” service, i.e. Collection of the vehicle at the customer’s home or its delivery. In addition, our dealers are also offering a remote sales service whereby you can contact them via WhatsApp or e-mail, and they will present you with product information on the car you are interested in. This could include extensive video footage from the salesperson outlining all the details of the car to explaining your finance options over the phone. Customers can find out about the availability of extended services by telephone or e-mail from individual ŠKODA dealers.
You can see an example of some of the measures introduced here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yrl_EDoqU
After the reopening of showrooms, customers also have access to an unprecedented wide range of new ŠKODA models as well as ŠKODA Approved used cars.