An all-new all-electric Honda e will go on sale in Ireland from November 2020, priced from €29,995 inclusive of SEAI grants and VRT relief totalling €10,000. Available from a selection of metropolitan Honda dealers nationwide* the compact fully electric Honda e is a combination of dynamic performance, refined comfort and futuristic technology with the most comprehensive range of standard safety features in its class. A car made for urban driving and built on a dedicated EV platform the high capacity 35.5kwh battery provides a range of 222km with 80% of charge added in just 30 minutes of rapid charging.
Featuring a simple, clean exterior with a unique style, the pop – out door handles and Side Camera Mirror System are exclusive features for a vehicle in its class whilst the circular lamp design for the front and rear lights help define the ‘human face’ of the car. Inside the interior complements the exterior perfectly. Contemporary materials create a relaxing and modern lounge like space enhanced by melange -style sofa fabric and other tactile materials.
The advanced technology within the cabin make the Honda e easy to use every day. Five neatly integrated high-resolution colour screens span the entire width of the car’s interior, with the Side Camera Mirror Systems screens ergonomically placed at either end of the dashboard to ensure a natural feel and vision for the driver and for the first time in Ireland the Honda Parking Pilot is available on the Honda e. This assists the driver in locating an appropriate space and then manoeuvring the car into it. In addition to this feature Honda SENSING has also been enhanced with three new functions:
– Lead Car Departure Notification System – notifies the driver when the car in front has started moving
– Collision Mitigation Throttle Control – prevents sudden acceleration in either reverse or drive upon starting the car when there is an obstacle in the way
– Low Speed Brake Function – applies emergency braking while driving or reversing at low speed
Sales and Marketing Director of Universal Honda Ltd. John Saunders said today at launch, “We are very excited at Honda to be welcoming the urban city -car the all new Honda e into our model line-up. The all-electric Honda e is part of a wider transition to newer technologies and is the next step on our vision to electrify all our mainstream models sold in Europe by 2022. Later in the year we will be also be welcoming the Honda Jazz Hybrid to sit alongside the already launched CR-V Hybrid. We firmly believe this is the perfect car for urban living, offering fun and effortless electric performance whilst also producing zero emissions.”
The Honda e is available from:
- Des Darcy Honda: Swords Co. Dublin (01) 8400222 www.desdarcyhonda.ie
- Clonskeagh Motors Honda: Clonskeagh Road Dublin 14 (01) 2694477 clonskeaghmotors.ie
- Kevin O’Leary Honda: Silversprings Co. Cork (021) 450 3397 kevinolearyhonda.ie
- Sheils Honda: Limerick (061) 452244 www.shielshonda.ie
- Sheils Honda: Galway (091) 741100 www.shielshonda.ie